Wednesday, August 31, 2016

366: 244

 It has been awhile since I have done a day in the year post. Ages. Clearly, my plan to post daily this year was a flop. Today was one of those days I want to share about, mostly because it followed yesterday. Starting Monday night and rolling right through until I crashed last night were...rough. I hit a low. Tired, anxious, frustrated, worried, etc. Just low. But some serious crying and some solid sleep meant I woke to a new day.

Today was far from perfect, but it was the joy and connection of an ordinary day.

 We started our homeschool year, in earnest, part way through last week, and extra activities are beginning this week. We probably have too much going on again. We'll see. Today, though, we had a 'home day.' Not too long after M left for work, there was anger, irritation, and sibling squabbles. I turned around, grabbed my backpack, and told the kids to get their shoes on. We started our day with an hour of soccer drills at one of our favorite parks. That was the reset we needed. Home again, we did read-aloud, lessons, played, and the highlight for my kids; we spent a chunk of time doing Mystery Science.
The kids helped make dinner, we had a snuggly book reading, M tucked in Little Brown Mouse, and I sat with Lala Bug while she wrote some in her Success book.

All in all, a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment